Update, 11/29: Cardholders and elite members can still save 20-30% off these awards through Friday!
Update, 11/28: The 40-50% off sale ends tonight! After that it goes down to 20-30% off through Friday.
HOT! United Cyber Monday Sale: Elite Members And Cardholders Save 40%-50% Off United Award Flights To Australia, Europe, Japan, Micronesia, Singapore, And Tahiti!
Earlier today I wrote about United discounts to Australia before finding any published sale info.
Now we have a landing page with all the details.
- United cardholders and elite members can book travel today and save 40% to Australia, Europe, Japan, Micronesia, Singapore, and Tahiti. If you have United elite status and a credit card you’ll save 50%!
- If you book from 11/29-12/2 United cardholders and elite members save 20% and if you have United elite status and a credit card you’ll save 30%.
Travel is valid from 1/27/23 through 3/21/23 in economy on United flights only.
United no longer charges any award redeposit cancellation fees, so you’ll get your miles and taxes back if you cancel anytime before departure!
I’d recommend using United’s legacy award search calendar.
You can currently earn up to 100,000 miles on 6 United cards.
- Flights to Europe are normally 60K miles round-trip, but will be just 30K-36K miles with this sale today.
- Valid cities include Amsterdam (AMS), Barcelona (BCN), Berlin (BER), Brussels (BRU), Paris (CDG), Edinburgh (EDI), Frankfurt (FRA), Geneva (GVA), London (LHR), Lisbon (LIS), Madrid (MAD), Munich (MUC), Zurich (ZRH)
- Flights to Japan, Micronesia, and Tahiti are normally 70K miles round-trip, but will be just 35K-42K miles with this sale today.
- Valid cities include Japan: Fukuoka (FUK), Haneda (HND), Osaka (KIX), Narita (NRT); Guam (GUM); Tahiti (PPT); Micronesia: (TKK), (PNI), (KSA), (KWA), (MAJ)
- Flights to Australia and Singapore are normally 80K miles round-trip, but will be just 40K-48K miles with this sale today.
- Valid cities include Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL), Sydney (SYD), Singapore (SIN).
This is a great opportunity to explore the United island hopper, Australia, Singapore, Europe, Bora Bora, and more. Or you can always book inexpensive flights to places like New Zealand, Israel, or the Maldives once you’re in Australia, Europe, or Singapore.
Elite+cardholder pricing to Europe:
Elite+cardholder pricing to Japan:
Elite+cardholder pricing to Australia:
Cardholder or elite pricing to Australia:
You can also book a multi-city award to get a free excursionist perk stopover:
If you, a member in your household, or an authorized user has one of the following Chase cards, you can instantly transfer points into United miles:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred has a 60K signup bonus, earns 2.1 points per dollar on travel, 3.1 points per dollar on dining, streaming, and online groceries, has a $50 hotel credit, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.3 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($95 annual fee). Read more here.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve has a 80K signup bonus, earns 3 points per dollar on dining/travel, has a $300 travel credit, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.5 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($550 annual fee with $300 travel credit). Read more here.
- Chase Ink Preferred has a 100K signup bonus and earns 3 points per dollar on shipping, advertising, and travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.25 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($95 annual fee). Read more here.
Chase no-annual fee cards that are fantastic for earning points, but require one of the cards above for points transfers include:
- Chase Ink Cash has a record high 90K signup bonus and earns 5 points per dollar on cable, TV, telecom, cellular, office supply stores, and gift cards from office supply stores, plus 2 points per dollar on dining and gas ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- Chase Ink Unlimited has a record high 90K signup bonus and earns 1.5 points per dollar everywhere ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- Chase Freedom Flex has a 20K signup bonus, plus 5 points on rotating categories, 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and 3 points per dollar on dining and drugstores ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited has a signup bonus offering 3 points per dollar on up to $20K of spending in your first 12 month, afterwards earn at least 1.5 points per dollar everywhere, 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and 3 points per dollar on dining and drugstores ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
I love seeing mileage sales like this, but only wish there would also be sales for premium cabins as well. Do you think other airlines will offer mileage sales this week?
Will you book any travel with this deal?
Leave a Reply
61 Comments On "[Now 20-30% Off] United Cyber Monday Sale: Elite Members And Cardholders Save 40%-50% Off United Award Flights To Australia, Europe, Japan, Micronesia, Singapore, And Tahiti; Fly To 2 Cities For 30K Miles!"
All opinions expressed below are user generated and the opinions aren’t provided, reviewed or endorsed by any advertiser or DansDeals.
Does the cardholder need to travel or can you book for someone else?
You can book for anyone.
Is this only for Economy?
Anything on flight Ewr to Tlv?
No. Book an award to Europe and a cheap flight from there to TLV.
What about checking in luggage
You’ll have to recheck.
and pay hefty for intra europe per KG. Dan which country is lowest cost from Europe to TLV, reliable time and reasonable luggage cost?
Does this also work for business class tickets ?
I am finding availability in J for 62k. Multiple routes
You can transfer from your Chase account into their United account even if they don’t have a Chase Sapphire preferred or Reserve card?
No, but you can call to upgrade any card and then transfer.
It’s so Glitchy. Can’t really do much on the site.
No business though right?
If so, not worth it for me
I like how they did not include south america, the place I am looking to go.
Ugghh I wish this was valid for travel in the summer….
I am only seeing flights for 30k each way. is the discount applied at booking?
Do you have a United card or status?
Is the Chase to United transfer instantaneously? Because I transferred Marriot points to United but those take like a week.
Dan, I have booked award to SIN for 44K and the points required is now lower, can I ask for return of points? Thanks
Sure. Or just cancel and rebook.
Their backend is supper buggie. I can’t do anything even with the old search sys(page).
Does the discount only show up after you put in your credit card? I’m not seeing anything can you put screenshots like you usually do of examples
Shows up when you are signed in and search.
Do you have a United card or status?
Dan, forgot to mention I do have a united explorer card. Thanks.
Business mileage plus
I am signed in and have a united business card- i am trying to get anywhere in europre from feb 15-20. i cannot find anything. where am i going wrong?
despite being a cardholder, I cant seem to find any flights departing ORD mid-late Jan to PPT, SYD or MEL.
am i doing something wrong? looking for warm destination
Try Singapore or Guam?
Thanks, Dan. Would these fares be upgradeable to J (for either miles or cash)?
That does indeed seem awesome but probably exceeds my own tolerance for risk and stress. Thank you for the cool info anyway!
Just booked 2 round trips to Tokyo at 35k each round trip !!! In March for the cherry blossom
Ugh. I wish I saw this earlier. Just saw the post at around ~4pm…. All of the good potential dates for blossom season that were listed at 42k are basically gone by the time I made the decision at 530pm that I was going to try to book. FUDGE.
I have to fly to Switzerland.
Any deals for that?
I have sapphire preferred but no united cards.
Open a United card?
Are there deals for Switzerland too?
Don’t see that on your list.
Read the list again?
Thank You Dan !!
some destinations in Europe are just 18K points!
finding business booking for 62k!!
i need to book a ticket to south africa. any deals?
Dan thanks this is great, How do we book a trip to CDG? I dont see any link? thanks
I booked a flight from Dulles to Brussels for 36,000 miles roundtrip, then got tickets from Brussels to/from Israel for $213. Thank you for sharing.
I didn’t have enough miles so I had to pay for miles but I hope I still got a good deal. We are 3 travelers and the total came out to 50,000 miles + ~$2100.
Would you advise me to do anything different?
Any way to circumvent the high fuel charges from Heathrow? Can you get the deal with Air Canada miles or only directly from United?
Fly back from Paris or Brussels?
Any way to book and include the flight from London to Paris and then from Paris back to USA for same amount of points? As in to get that LHR-CDG for free?
Wow! Thank you
I am a United cardholder and a premiere member, but price to Japan is 42k instead of 35k. Any suggestions?
Is silver member considered elite?
I think it is, I am Silver and I have access to all these deals…
Thanks Dan. לחיים again, just booked to rome round trip 30k miles
I’m seeing 17.5K to PPT on 1/15